Thursday, June 08, 2006

Speeding Man Was Drying Wet Car

SAN CLEMENTE (Reuters) - Orange County Sheriffs confiscated the car and driver's license of a San Clemente man caught speeding who said he only wanted to dry his car after he had washed it.

Dr. Ralph of San Clemente was stopped in Dana Point driving at 78 mph, 38 mph over the speed limit, sheriffs said.

"Because he did not have his driver's license with him, his clean car was confiscated until he produces it," Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Sheriff Bob said, then added, "it may not be so clean once he gets it back."

For his part, Dr. Ralph was unrepentive. "I was just drying my car after finally getting some time to wash it. I looked in my rearview mirror and said 'YIKES!' as there was a sheriff on my tail." he recalled. "I didn't think anyone would notice me, there was no other car around. Conditions and traffic were conducive to how I was driving."

Dr. Ralph said he plans to retain the services of Leo Nus, Orange County's top defense lawyer to fight the charge.

No comments:

Moon Phase