Thursday, November 09, 2006

Puttzle's Corner

Somebody around here has an ingrown hair up their ass. You know who I'm talking about, the one who seems to think it's open season on firefighters. Are all firefighters heroes? Decide yourself:

he·ro (hîr'ō) pronunciation
n., pl. -roes.

1. In mythology and legend, a man, often of divine ancestry, who is endowed with great courage and strength, celebrated for his bold exploits, and favored by the gods.
2. A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life: soldiers and nurses who were heroes in an unpopular war.
3. A person noted for special achievement in a particular field: the heroes of medicine.
4. The principal male character in a novel, poem, or dramatic presentation.

While I could argue that firefighting is a heroic occupation, obviously not every firefighter is thrust into a situation where they perform a heroic feat, therefore, in my mind, not all firefighters are heroes in the true sense. More are than not though.

This 'person's' other rant entails fireMEN and child molestation, along with various other improprieties. "Do you call them heroes when one of them molests your 12 year old daughter, or buggers your 8 year old son, or how about the tortured and killed woman -- she's someone's daughter, someone's sister, someone's mother, and someone's friend." No, I do not, nor does anyone else I am acquainted with.

You could say the same thing about ANY occupation. What about the teacher screwing your kid? Oh wait, he's your son, so you're proud of him! What about the Doctor molesting your wife or mother, daughter or son during an examination. That happens too you know.

I've been asked to leave this piece of schitt's comments alone. Screw that. My patience is running thin because I don't want that crap on my blog. For the time being, at least for a few days, I am disabling comments. Deal with it. You should know where to find my email address...

UPDATE: Comments are back on, but with a twist. All comments will be moderated (or in your case anonymous, deleted.)

UPDATE 2: All commenters should realize that I am pretty much targeting one individual who doesn't know where to draw the line or when to shut his or her mouth. I've tried to work with this person, offering them a forum where they can spew all they want. Enough is enough. The only censuring will be those comments emanating from that person, or from any of his cohorts that happen by. All others will be posted in due time. Again, I am sorry about this, but as Popeye said, "I stands all I can stands and I can't stands no more!"

15 comments:

just my opinion said...

I like the idea that many different kinds of jelly are used for my different peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I like the idea that comments are not moderated. They are the jelly comments to the peanut butter posts.

puttzle said...

Well 'just my opinion', good for you! Get your own blog and you can swim in jelly.

No disrespect intended. said...

If you and whoever else who has been (A) deleting some comments
are now (B) moderating all comments and deleting some comments instead,
I'd rather have the (A) deleting only.
I do not mean to offend, but you are ruining the blog. I know that it is YOUR blog to ruin if you choose, but you are ruining it.
Aloha and I hope I have not been rude by telling you what I think.

puttzle said...

"No disrespect intended", thank you for your comment and opinion. Believe me when I say I wish I didn't have to take this action, but I feel I must. I'd rather moderate and nip a certain someone's comments before they appear on the blog, rather than have to explain my actions afterward. I do not consider what you said rude.

Comments like yours are always welcome. There is a difference between constructive criticism and flat out crap. Aloha to you.

fellow surfer said...

I favor an open forum.
Delete if you must, but the moderating methold is creepy.
I can step over the dogshit comments by you-know-who myself. I don't need my hand held my mommie, or my eyes shielded from the shcok of his/her posts (you really think it could be a her?).

stinky pete said...

"Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author."
These are the worst words I have read here.
I am sad that you feel it came to this. I thought that he was wearing down and posting less.

brownhole said...

With all the abuse I had to stomach, NOW you decide to moderate?

LIGHTEN UP said...

Christ, instead of moderating us like were in 3rd grade, give Dr. Ralph a box of chill pills. Keep some for yourself.
Take some of the other commenters' advise to anonymous, and get over it yourself. We don't take his posts personally. Sometimes he's funny. Sometimes he might be right. GET OVER IT YOURSELF.
If I knew you and Ralph personally I'd buy you both a couple of beers and you could laugh at the way that some punk suckered you into behaving.

Borat said...

One man's crap is another man's Bandini.

sharecropper said...

Please, let's have more about the submarine.

sharecropper said...

Whatever happened to the submarine?

Borat was funny said...

I find irony in what has happened. Please tell Ralph of my "proposed pcomment" if you don't allow this to be posted. It is obvious to us, if not to yourself, that it is the comments about Ralph that have pushed you over the edge. My god man, you are quoting Popeye.
It is also obvious that you feel conflicted about your actions to deal with it all.

The irony I see is Borat, whose picture Ralph uses as his avatar. Borat's whole movie is making fun of people at their expense, without their knowledge that he is putting them on. He is a guerilla comedian. He makes fools of them all, and, if you have seen the movie, he does so in many shocking ways, not the least among them, vile anti-Semitism. He destroys property and you might want to see the movie to see more of what he does.

Anonymous certainly has attacked everyone, but it is in Ralph that he got his biggest response, until now, in getting you to moderate.

Every one of the people that Borat played his pranks on in the movie had to sign releases after the pranks were played out and after they were told that Borat was not a foreign journalist. They knew he was an ambush comedian and that the film of them would be used in a movie. In spite of his horrible treatment of them, in spite of the terribly embarrassing and politically and morally incorrect things that he got some of them to say and do, they all signed the releases.

Please sign your “release.” Cancel moderation. If some of anonymous’s comments are just too over the top, I would rather you leave it, but if you must delete it, that is preferable to feeling moderated.

The other irony is that, since you all know each other and are friends, everyone laughs when you call each other fags, or say that some various of you are having gay or straight relationships with each other or others, or got arrested, or drunk, or whatever. I assume that from time to time some of these things have a spark, or more, or truth. It’s all funny to you all because you all know each other. If some stranger is calling you a fag, or posting naked pictures of you, it’s different. It seems that anonymous is the stranger. Borat was a stranger to everyone he pranked.

The irony may be even more. It is obvious that anonymous knows some of you personally. Ralph’s comment about being a firefighter rang true. That means that anonymous knows him personally. Either anonymous is just one of “the guys” or “one of *you* guys,” so his posts should be the same as the other guys insulting each other.

Ranger Stan said...

The people who asked you to leave that piece of schitt's comments alone were right.

puttzle said...

Not gonna happen, Ranger Stan. Better check back often before I delete them.

ranger stan said...

schitt. well I tried.

Moon Phase