Thursday, July 24, 2008

Walk of Fame

SAN ONOFRE, California (CIA) - In a joint press conference held at San Onofre Surfing Beach, representatives for the Governor and members of the SOSC BOD unveiled plans for a San Onofre Surf Legends "Walk of Fame".

Stretching from the "Point" all the way to "Geezer's Point", the walk is expected to take 6 months to construct, with a completion date of June, 2009. Twenty-six parking spots will be lost, but that revenue will be recovered by increased park fees. Total cost has yet to be determined. The SOSC is footing the bill and will fund the construction by increasing club dues.

The walk will consist of stones collected from the area and personally selected by the man known only as HF, San Onofre's resident rock expert.

A committee to select nominees will be formed in the next two weeks, with the first induction occurring during the Surf Club's annual Luau.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Puttzel, what a great idea. How may I be a canditate for the SOSC WOF?
Right now, I have 12 nominees to offer. All I can tell you Allan C.Moore would be my favorite.


anon'13 SJC

puttzle said...

You would have to contact the committee, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I WANT IN SO BAD I CAN TASTE IT. Curiously, how do I find the committee? You see, I'm dead serious.

al cohall said...

A "Stagger of fame" will be constructed in honor of BK who will be the first to be incarcerated into it!

wishy-washy said...

Al, BK is so yesterday it's hard to think you're keeping his name in the news. He owes you.

Anonymous said...

Talk about some real good news, tomorrow, Friday, Cox Cable will install the SANO beach cam on the surfbord windvane pole at the point.It will pan from Old Man's to Cottons daily.


anon 13

benny hannah said...

Why's BK given preferntial treatment at SANO? i don't know about you, but it frosts the living krapp outta myself.

puttzle said...

13, I will have to contact SOSC BOD member Ranger Ephraim to find out about the committee. Stay tuned.

panaman said...

hf very funny i know you f'ers are still making fun of me. why can't you just leave me alone? i sarted my own blog because of stuff like this. now i am mad.

benny hannah said...

Puttzle, I sore is glad Sano daze hs a go to guy, but I think you have a walking time bomb with that
'Panamaman'. He sure frightens me. Please don't let him in the WOF.

murphy said...

I'll cut the windvane down myself if they don't put a HD webcam on it!

karl loggerfield said...

Today was full of south swell, Windansea was headhigh. Now, what are you chumps squabbling about? See you at the track.

nasty-wasty said...

That prestigious walk had better darn well have Henry Ford of South Bay that San Onofre's Ave.
O' Fame.

Anonymous said...

Panaman,

Why don't you chill dude! These guys must like you or they wouldn't even pay any attention to you, then again maybe they don't. Anyway you look at it, its funny lol!

Anonymous said...

Anon, can't you see the rantings of Shotzy?

Anonymous said...

Anon' #5, shame upon you. Shotzy does not rant. Thank you very much.


#56

Murphy said...

I'm in for a $500 contribution.

murphy said...

Chit! Here we go again with the fake murphy comments. This guy just won't give up. Aren't things bad enough for me?

Moon Phase