Saturday, March 12, 2005

Yeah, that was me

I don't know why I even went out this morning, the crowd was horrible! The conditions were perfect, the surf was smaller than it has been but, some of the waves had great shape. The first good set wave I got and 'Baby Turns' has to drop right in on me as I'm on the nose coming down the line. Then on this nice clean right wolfie and I drop in and Zig-Zag man and some other kook drop right in on the shoulder in front of us. If this crowd business keeps up I might have to take up Sky Diving. more later-----

3 comments:

Lonnie said...

I humbly castrate my self at your feet!

Surfsister said...

Do these people you describe wear name tags? Cos my friend and I will probably be back down there at the end of the month. I want to know who to stay away from. I noticed San-O folks have this thing about names. When we were down there the first time, these guys kept calling to my friend and saying "Black Widow". We thought those guys were calling her names (but we weren't mad since the guys were nice). They finally explained to us that the term meant the wave is coming right at you and it's yours. San-O has its own language! At our break, we just call each other's names and command the yelled at person to take that wave.

Lonnie said...

Surfsister, I myself have never heard that term used at San-O. Most of the names we give people are funny names that go with their surfing style or the way they act or personnality and even the type of clothes they wear, but the ones we use most are, kook,snake,hopper and the good old %#*&@#*&^#$@*&?

Moon Phase