Monday, July 25, 2005

SATURDAY WAS SO CROWDED THAT......


How crowded was it? Well, I got to the beach early and it's a damn good thing I did! The beach was full by 6am with lines of cars stretching for miles. I decided to walk up the bluff and take a look. State officials said this was the biggest crowd ever with the usual line in the completely full turnaround with cars snaking down under the bridge, past the nuke plant, and into the campground. There was a second line of people trying to cut in line that stretched all the way to the freeway and onto the Basilone off ramp backing up traffic on I-5. Efforts to close the road failed as there were just too many people. Gate guard Don said the average wait to get in was 8 1/2 hours! While I was hiking back down the bluff, I noticed this couple who just abandoned their car and headed for the beach. I think that they thought that they were at trail 6.

No comments:

Moon Phase