Thursday, December 29, 2005

SURFER PUNCHES SHARK IN THE NOSE



Mason Klink, 10, was surfing off the coast of San Onofre Saturday when a great white shark attacked him. As he was paddling, Klink said he felt something grab his leg. Without thinking, he punched the big shark in the nose. "That's all I could think to do, and after I did that, it let go," Klink said. "And I wanted to get to shore as soon as I could. The thought crossed my mind that I might not make it back in and it was just pretty hectic." Klink credits his experience as a surfer and shark television shows with helping him keep his presence of mind. "I acted on instinct," he said. Klink then paddled to shore, where bystanders said they saw a puddle of blood dripping from his leg. Before heading to the hospital , Klink tied his XM surfboard leash tightly around his shin to prevent blood loss. Still hospitalized, he is expected to make a full recovery and will surf again. "I'll go back out, eventually," he said. "It probably won't be until New Years day."

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not funny, I had a kid brother who was earen by a shark--head first./

Anonymous said...

Well dah! Do you think sharks eat from their tail? Their teeth have always been in their heads!

Anonymous said...

Young Kling's wake up punch to the shark's jaw is now being called "Mason's Jar."

Anonymous said...

jack. why dopn't you learn how to read. the person who wrote about his brother simply meant the shark ate his brother head first, feet last.

Anonymous said...

A shark ate me once and I loved it!

Anonymous said...

Was that a Laguna Mud Shark?

Anonymous said...

Well I might of been in the hospital for a while but at least I can live to tell the tale.

Anonymous said...

His first thought was "Parry, Mason".

Anonymous said...

"Garson! More Mason," bleched the shark. "It was a very good ear."

Moon Phase