Thursday, November 03, 2005


SAN ONOFRE -- A 10-year-old boy survived a close call with a shark Wednesday evening while surfing at San Onofre.
Mason Klink says a shark attacked him while he and a friend were surfing around 5 p.m. just an eighth of a mile offshore at a popular spot for surfing known as Old mans.
"I was laying down on my board, and it knocked me out of the water," Klink said. "My board got knocked two feet out of the water. I waited for the turbulence to end. I didn't know what it was."
Klink was unharmed. He sustained not even get a single scratch. In fact, the only evidence of the attack is a giant bite mark and a shark tooth left embedded in his board.
His friend, Wes, paddled back to shore with Klink after the close call.
Old mans has not seen a shark attack in more than two months. There was another shark attack in September.
Authorities are posting warnings about the shark attack and are expected to decide Thursday whether to close the beach or not.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet another ploy by the SOSC BOD to have waves to themselves. The reason it stinks to high heaven is Klink is old man Klink's son. I think you may have Mason Klink confused with Masnn Reece. Get you facts straight!

Anonymous said...

I heard if you bath in cat urine this will keep the sharks away.

Anonymous said...

No, you have to drink it.

Anonymous said...

Its a little known fact that sharks are attracted to urine! They did a survey with divers who had been attacked by Great Whites, and nine out of ten say they had just urinated in they wetsuits! Well if I see a White shark in the line-up I'm as good as dead because the first thing I'll do is piss my pants!

Moon Phase