Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Memory


The other day, sitting in traffic at a stop light. I glanced over and saw a homeless person sitting roadside, holding a penciled on cardboard sign that said, (Vietnam Vet will work for food). I rolled the window down and asked, what's you're name? solder. He replied, Steve. I said what unit. He got up and approached my car saying, 4th Inf. 69-70. I reached out to shake his hand and said,Ralph 4th Inf. 68-69.
Was he a Vet who never recovered from the scars of war or had I just met my replacment or both? I gave him some cash, said good luck. He said, God bless brother.
I always see guys like Steve, especially around Memorial Day or Veterans Day. I never say anything to them. Perhaps from now on I shall.

Let us all take a moment today and remember our fallen brothers and sisters.........

3 comments:

Lonnie said...

"AMEN"!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TROOPER!

NAVAL AVIATION 67-71

Dr. Ralph said...

Two comments! thats it. We post two cowboys swaping spit and a fag goes nuts. Where the hell are you're values?

Moon Phase