Monday, April 11, 2005

60-FOOT ALLIGATORS SIGHTED IN TRESTLES SWAMP!

They're as long as tractor trailers and the WETLANDS are full of 'em, says surfer!

TRESTLES Ca. - Stewart Becker spent four grueling hours paddling his battered surfboard back to the beach after it collided with a never-before-seen monster of the Trestles-- a 60-foot-long alligator! "I could have avoided hitting it if I had not been so stunned by its size," the 29-year-old surfer declared. "But I have never seen a gator anywhere near that big in my life. "When I saw it, I flat couldn't move a muscle. All I could see were its fiery eyes and its incredible teeth -- rows and rows of 'em. They looked like cavalry sabers. "The next thing I knew, 60-footers were popping up all around me. Any one of 'em could have chewed me up and swallowed me in one gulp. They're as long as tractor trailers and the trestles are full of 'em. Stewart, who lives in San Clemente, said he believes at least two dozen of the giant gators inhabit the swamp area at the popular Trestles .surf spot. "I wasn't about to stop and make a head count," Stewart said. "As far as I'm concerned, just one of those brutes on the loose is too many. But I could see there was a hell of a lot more than one."

Dana Point reptile expert Dr. Sidney Ralph said the giants may be survivors from the dinosaur era that only recently hatched from eggs laid millions of years ago. The eggs could have survived if they had been buried in mud by some disaster that occurred after they were laid," Dr. Ralph explained. "For some reason they worked their way to the surface where the California sun hatched them out. "The gators have been feeding on fish and the gophers that inhabit the wetlands. What we have to do now is take them captive so they can be fed and cared for properly. "If not, they most certainly will die. Then the world will have lost a priceless relic dating back before the dawn of man. We simply cannot allow that to happen."

No comments:

Moon Phase