Wednesday, June 15, 2005

From The Mayors Office

Well Dale Velzy's Memorial Services was a great success. Thousands showed up for the event and hundreds went into the water for the paddle out. Almost every surfing Legend was there that could make it. People I haven't seen in over 35 years were there too. It was good to see everyone there to Honor the Father of the Modern longboard. The paddle out was awsome, with everyone joining hands, then the chanting started, Velzy, Velzy Velzy it was thunderous, then a Red White and Blue WWII p51 Mustang warplane buzzed the crowd in the water several times in Honor of Velzy. I even got to paddle out because at 11am yesterday I got my cast removed from my foot, so I'm going to try getting back in the water Friday and even maybe try some golf tomorrow. And as for you UNT, we make fun of you because we miss you (for now) and if it real offends you we'll stop. (like hell we will) Dingo is behind it all, he has been ragging on you ever since you left. The surf has been marginal, with the typical June Gloom, but I don't care because I can go in the water again. See you all in the water, more later------maybe

3 comments:

Dingo said...

The word is that there were only 2 guys out at Old mans yesterday afternoon....epic conditions, too!
P.S. The Mayor made me do it!

Anonymous said...

There were only two guys out. The rest were caught on the inside, trapped by the hard breaking lefts that were relentlessly hammering local legends into submission. Wolfie was one of the fortunate few to reach the line-up. And would you believe, the other guy who made it out, hopped him.

Anonymous said...

A likely story...

Moon Phase